Bruce A. DeVantier
Associate Professor PHD, PE, DWRE
Office Phone: 618-453-7819
Building: Engineering, Room B 38
Drinking water quality and treatment, soil and groundwater remediation, water quality modeling and finite element analysis for flow processes
- CE 210 – Biology for Environmental Engineering
- CE 310 – Introduction to Environmental Engineering
- CE 418 – Water and Wastewater Treatment
- CE 516 – Water Quality Modeling
- ENGR 351 – Numerical Methods for Engineers
- B.S. Engineering, 1975, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
- M.S. Engineering, 1977, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
- PhD. Civil Engineering, 1983, University of California, Davis
DeVantier, B.A., “Validation of an Air Flow in Soil Model for Low Hydraulic Conductivity Soils,” AEHS
2005 West Coast Conference on Soils, Sediments and Water, April 1-3, 2005, San Diego, CA (Published abstract, paper presentation).
Yesuf, J.N., DeVantier, B.A., and Chevalier, L.R. “Bisolute Equilibrium Studies for the Sorption of Basic
Dyes on a GAC from Almond Shells: A Nonlinear Approach”, Water, Air Soil Pollution: Focus, 2008, Vol. 8, pp. 387-393.
DeVantier, B.A., Environmental Engineering PE Sample Exam, Kaplan AEC Education, Chicago, 2009.
Honors and Awards:
- ExCEEd Faculty Fellowship, ASCE 2005
- American Water Works Association, Illinois Professional Service Award, 2006
- Diplomate, Water Resources Engineering, 2008
Course Website Links: