Associate Professor, Ph.D., P.E.
Office Phone: 618-453-7808
Building: Engineering B, Room 26
- CE 310: Introduction to Environmental Engineering
- CE 418: Water and Wastewater Treatment
- CE 419: Advanced Water and Wastewater Treatment
- CE 518: Advanced Biochemical Engineering
- Ph.D., Utah State University, 2006
- M.S., Utah State University, 2003
- B.S. Suzhou University of Science and Technology, 1992
Selected Recent Publications:
Liang Y.-N. 2013. Producing liquid transportation fuels from heterotrophic microalgae. Applied Energy. 104: 860-868.
Liang Y-N, Tang T, Umagiliyage A, Siddaramu T, McCarroll M, Choudhary R. 2012. Utilization of sorghum bagasse hydrolysates for producing microbial lipids. Applied Energy, 91:451-458.
Liang Y-N, Sarkany N, Yesuf J, Cui Y, Trushenski J, Blackburn J. 2010. Use of sweet sorghum juice for lipid production by Schizochytrium limacinum SR21. Bioresour. Technol. 101, 3623-3627.
Honors and Awards:
2010-, Adjunct Professor, Suzhou University of Science and Technology, China
2009 Joint Women’s Studies and University Women’s Professional Advancement “Research, Scholarly and Creative Activity Awards”
2009 ASCE ExCEED Teaching Fellow