Associate Professor, Ph.D., P.E.
Office Phone: 618-453-6125
Building: Engineering, Room B32
Dr. Tezcan’s research covers a wide-range of topics including ground motion modeling, signal processing, material characterization, machine learning algorithms, data mining and uncertainty estimation.
- CE 340 – Structures
- CE 444 – Reinforced Concrete Design
- CE 445 – Fundamental Theory of Earthquake Engineering
- CE 557 – Advanced Mechanics of Materials
- CE 558 – Reliability in Engineering Applications
- ENGR 250 – Statics
- ENGR 351 – Numerical Methods in Engineering
- Ph.D. Civil Engineering; Rice University, Houston, TX;2005
- M.Sc. Civil Engineering; Bogazici University, Turkey;2000
- B.Sc. Civil Engineering; Bogazici University, Turkey;1997
J. Tezcan and Q. Cheng (2012) Support vector regression for estimating earthquake response spectra. Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, 10 (4):1205–1219.
J. Tezcan and Q. Cheng (2012) A Nonparametric Characterization of Vertical Ground Motion Effects, Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 41(3), p.515-530.
J Tezcan and A. Piolatto (2012). A probabilistic nonparametric model for the vertical-to-horizontal spectral ratio. Journal of Earthquake Engineering, 16(1) p.142-157.