- Must be a current student in Junior or Senior status
- Current student in good standing with the university
- Students are expected to be professional and proactive.
- Students are expected to keep an open line of communication with mentor.
- Students are expected to respect the mentors time.
- Students are expected to enter the mentor/mentee relationship with the expectation of advice, goal setting recommendations, networking opportunities, possible resume assistance, and not an expectation of employment.
- Students are expected to update SIUC College of Engineering Professional mentoring program staff with successes and failure in the mentor/mentee relationship.
- Students are expected to attend all Mentoring program events.
- Students are expected to commit and initiate at least one contact per month with mentor and student orientation.
- Students are expected to evaluate their needs and communicate with their mentor about their expectations as a mentee. Share your plans with your mentor and ASK for advice. Do not assume that the mentor will offer unsolicited advice. Be specific as possible when asking for advice.
- Students are expected to respect confidentiality in respect to topics discussed with mentors.
- One hour student orientation
- Minimum of one contact per month during the school year.