Assistant Professor, Ph.D.
Building: Engineering B, Room 36
Structural Dynamic systems, infrastructure monitoring and resilience, applications of statistical and machine learning in monitoring, regional fragility assessment, seismic response control.
- CE 442 Structural Steel Design
- Ph.D. Civil and Environmental Engineering, Rice University, 2018
- M. Tech Civil Engineering, IIT Kharagpur, India, 2013
- B. Tech Civil Engineering, IIT Kharagpur, India, 2011
Eshkevari SS., Eshkevari, SS., Sen, D. and Pakzad, SN., “Active Structural Control Framework using Policy-Gradient Reinforcement Learning”, Engineering Structures, in revision, 2022.
Pasala, DTR., Sarlis, AA., Nagarajaiah, S., Reinhorn, AM., Constantinou, MC., Taylor, DP., Sen, D., and Herkal, S., “Negative Stiffness Device and Negative Stiffness Brace for Seismic Protection of MDOF Yielding Fixed Base Structures: Experimental and Analytical Study”, Earthquake Spectra, in revision, 2022.
Sen, D., Long, J., Sun, H., Campman, X., and Buyukozturk, O., “Multi-component deconvolution interferometry for data-driven prediction of seismic structural response", Engineering Structures, 2021, 241, 112405.
Nagarajaiah, S. and Sen, D., “Apparent weakening by adaptive passive stiffness shaping along the height of multistory structures using negative stiffness devices and dampers for seismic protection", Engineering Structures, 2020, 220, 110754.
Sen, D., Erazo, K., Zhang, W. and Nagarajaiah, S. and Sun, L., “On the effectiveness of principal component analysis for decoupling structural damage and environmental effects in bridge structures", Journal of Sound and Vibration, 2019, 457, 280-298.
Sen, D., Aghazadeh, A., Mousavi, A., Nagarajaiah, S., Baraniuk, R. and Anand, D., “Data-driven semi-supervised and supervised learning algorithms for health monitoring of pipes", Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 2019, 131, 524-537.
Erazo, K., Sen, D., Nagarajaiah, S. and Sun, L., “Vibration-based structural health monitoring under changing environmental conditions using Kalman filtering", Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 2019, 117, 1-15.
Sen, D., Aghazadeh, A., Mousavi, A., Nagarajaiah, S. and Baraniuk, R., “Sparsity-based approaches for damage detection in plates", Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 2019, 117, 333-346.
Sen, D., Nagarajaiah, S. and Gopalakrishnan, S., “Harnessing sparsity in Lamb wave-based damage detection for beams", Structural Monitoring and Maintenance, 2017, 4(4), 381-396.
- Sen, D., Erazo, K. and Nagarajaiah, S., “Bayesian estimation of acoustic emissions source in plate structures using particle-based stochastic filtering", Structural Control and Health Monitoring, 2017, 24(11), e2005.
Sen, D. and Bhattacharya, B., “On the Pareto optimality of variance reduction simulation techniques in structural reliability", Structural Safety, 2015, 53, 57-74.
Sen, D. and Chatterjee, A., “Subset Simulation with Markov Chain Monte Carlo: A review", Journal of Structural Engineering, SERC Chennai, 2013, 40(2), 142-149.
Sen, D. and Nagarajaiah, S., “Data-driven approach to Structural Health Monitoring using statistical learning algorithms", Mechatronics for Cultural Heritage and Civil Engineering, Ottaviano, E., Pelliccio, A. and Gattulli, V. (Eds.), 2018, Springer, DOI:10.1007/978-3-319-68646-2.
SELECTED CONFERENCE PUBLICATIONS
Eshkevari, S.S., Eshkevari, S.S., Sen, D. and Pakzad, S.N., “RL-Controller: A reinforcement learning framework for active structural control", IWSHM 2021.
- Cronin, L., Eshkevari, S.S., Sen, D. and Pakzad, S.N., “Transfer learning for input estimation of vehicle systems", 2021 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, Toronto, Canada.
Sen, D., Sun, H., Long, J. and Buyukozturk, O., “Deconvolution seismic interferometry-based monitoring of short masonry structures", Engineering Mechanics Institute Conference 2019, Pasadena, CA.
Sen, D. and Nagarajaiah, S., “Damage detection in steel pipes using a semi-supervised statistical learning algorithm", ASNT Annual Conference, ASNT 2016, Long Beach, CA.
Sen, D., Bhattacharya, B. and Manohar, C.S., “Reliability of bridge deck subject to random vehicular and seismic loads through subset simulations", Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Bridge maintenance, safety and management, IABMAS 2012, Stresa, Italy.
- Sen, D. and Bhattacharya, B., “On the Pareto optimality of efficient simulation techniques in structural reliability", 2012 Joint Conference of the Engineering Mechanics Institute and the 11th ASCE Joint Specialty Conference on Probabilistic Mechanics and Structural Reliability, EMI/PMC 2012, Notre Dame, IN.