Professor and Distinguished Teacher, Ph.D.
Office Phone: 618-453-7807
Building: Engineering B, Room 36
Linear and Nonlinear Analysis of Framed Structures Subjected to Static, Dynamic and Thermal Loads; Computer Aided Analysis of Structural Systems; Structural Stability and Failure Behavior; Finite Element Analysis; Composite Structures;
- CE 340 – Structures
- CE 440 – Statically Indeterminate Structures
- CE 441 – Matrix Methods of Structural Analysis
- CE 540 – Structural Dynamics
- CE 542 – Nonlinear Structural Analysis
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, USA, 1976
- M.S., Civil Engineering, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, USA, 1974
- M.E., Civil Engineering, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, USA, 1971
- B.E., Civil Engineering, University of Karachi, Pakistan, 1969
- Kassimali, A. (2011) Matrix Analysis of Structures Second Edition, Cengage Learning Publishing Co., 641 pages, (ISBN-10: 1-111-42620-1).
- Kassimali, A. (2009) Structural Analysis Fourth Edition, Cengage Learning Publishing Co., 876 pages, (ISBN-10: 0-495-29565-5).
- Kassimali, A. and Garcilazo, J. J. (2010). Geometrically Nonlinear Analysis of Plane Frames Subjected to Temperature Changes, Journal of Structural Engineering ASCE, 136, (11), 1342 – 1349.
Honors and Awards:
- Selected as the Outstanding Teacher of the Southern Illinois University at Carbondale for the year 1996.
- Selected as the Outstanding Teacher of the College of Engineering at SIUC for the academic years
- 1987-88, 1989-90, 1994-95, 1996-97 and 2000-01
- Selected as the Outstanding Teacher of the Department of Civil Engineering for the academic years
- 1981-82, 1982-83, 1983-84, 1985-86, 1986-87, 1987-88, 1989-90, 1992-93, 1994-95, 1995-96, 1996-97, 2000-01, 2001-02, 2010-11, 2011-12 and 2012-13.