Dal Hyung Kim
Dr. Dal Hyung Kim is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Energy Processes. His research is in the area of robotics, optimized control, brain imaging, microscope design, and
- Postdoctoral Fellow (2013-2017), Rowland Institute, Harvard University, MA, US
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering (2013), Drexel University, PA, US
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering (2007), Korea University, Seoul, South Korea
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering (2005), Korea University, Seoul, South Korea
- Robotic system for long-term observation in behaving animals
- Brain imaging in freely behaving animals using motion cancellation system.
- Maneuverable brain imaging microscopy for a behaving animal
Dal Hyung Kim, Kim, J., Marques, J. C., Grama, A., Hildebrand, D. G. C., Gu, W., Li, J. Robson, D. N. Pan-neuronal calcium imaging with cellular resolution in freely swimming zebrafish. Nature Methods. (September 2017). https://doi.org/10.1038/nmeth.4429
Hoyeon Kim, U Kei Cheang, Dal Hyung Kim, J. Ali, Min Jun Kim, “Hydrodynamics of self-actuated bacterial carpet near boundary using micro-scale particle image velocimetry”, Biomicrofluidics, Vol. 9, 024121, 2015
Dal Hyung Kim, Paul Seoungsoo Kim, Kyungwoo Lee, JinSeok Kim, Min Jun Kim, “Galvanotactic behavior of Tetrahymena pyriformis under electric fields”, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, Vol. 23(12), p. 125004, 2013.
Dal Hyung Kim, P.S.S. Kim, A.A. Julius, Min Jun Kim, “Three-dimensional control of Tetrahymena pyriformis using artificial magnetotaxis” Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 100(5), p. 053702, 2012.
E.B. Steager, M.S. Sakar, Dal Hyung Kim, V. Kumar, G. Pappas, Min Jun Kim, “Electrokinetic and optical control of bacterial microrobots,” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering Vol. 21(3), p. 035001, 2011.
Dal Hyung Kim, U.K. Cheang, L. Kohidai, D.Y. Byun, Min Jun Kim, “Artificial magnetotactic motion control of Tetrahymena pyriformis using ferromagnetic nanoparticles: A tool to fabricate