MAJOR IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Want to major in Mechanical Engineering and Energy Processes? Great. Here are your next very important steps. Consult with University College as early as possible. You will need to visit your advisor each semester until all of the requirements for your major are complete. Here are the course requirements you will need to complete.
Core Curriculum Requirements: 41 credit hrs.
Foundations…. 15 credit hrs.
- English 101, 102, Speech Communication 101 UCOL 101 and substitute Mathematics
Disciplinary Studies…. 23 credit hrs.
- Fine Arts
- Human Health
- Social Science
- Science (substitute Physics and Chemistry)
Integrative Studies…. 3 credit hrs.
Requirements for Major in Mechanical Engineering: 87 credit hrs.
Basic Sciences….15 credit hrs.
- Chemistry 200, 201, 210
- Physics 205A, B, 255A, B
Mathematics Analysis…. 17 credit hrs.
- Mathematics 150, 250, 251, 305
- Engineering 351
Mechanical Engineering…. 64 credit hrs.
- General: ENGR 102, 222B, 361,
- Engineering Science: ENGR 250, 261, 335, 350A, 370A
- Mechanical Engineering: ME 300, 302, 309, 312, 361, 411, 436, 475, 495A, B
- Engineering Laboratory: ME 401, 407
- Elective Engineering Design Course