Office Phone: 618-453-7818
Building: Engineering, Room B-28
Soil dynamics, machine foundations, design of foundations to resist seismic loads, liquefaction of soils, determination of dynamic soil properties, waste disposal, utilization of coal preparation and combustion wastes, clay liners, and soil improvement using geogrids.
- CE 320 – Soil Mechanics
- CE421 -Foundation Design
- CE 422—Environmnetal Geotechnology
- CE 520—Advanced Soil Mechanics
- CE523—Soil Dynamics
- CE 525—Foundations for Dynamic Loads
- B. Sc., Panjab University, Chandigarh, India, 1962
- B.Sc., Civil Engineering (Honors), Panjabi University, Patiala, India, 1966
- Master of Engineering (Civil), Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, University of Roorkee, India, 1969
- Ph. D., Civil Engineering with specialization in geotechnical engineering, University of Missouri-Rolla, 1984.
Chapter in Book:
“Developments in Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering in recent years” by Shamsher Prakash and Vijay K Puri, JK Commemorative Volume, 2013
Prakash, S., Puri, V.K. and Kumar, S. (2012),”Displacement Based Seismic Design of Retaining Walls”, Second International Conference on Performance-Based Design in Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering, Taormina,Italy, May 28-30.
Kolay, P.K., Kumar, S., Puri, V.K., and Tiwari, D. (2012),”Improvement of Bearing Capacity of Shallow Foundations by using Geo-grid Reinforced Double Layered Soil”, Indian Geotechnical Conference, Delhi, Dec. 13-15.
Pravin, j., Kumar, S., Puri, V.K., Kolay, P.K. and Prakash, S. (2012), “Influence of Heavily Loaded Mat Foundations on Adjacent Drilled Shafts” , Indian Geotechnical Conference, Delhi, Dec. 13-15.