Interim Director, Professor, Ph.D., P.E.
Office Phone: 618-453-6125
Building: Engineering B, Room 32
Dr. Tezcan’s research covers a wide-range of topics including ground motion modeling, signal processing, material characterization, machine learning algorithms, data mining and uncertainty estimation.
- CE 251 - Introduction to Probability and Statistics for Engineers
- CE 340 – Structures
- CE 440 - Statically Indeterminate Structures
- CE 444 – Reinforced Concrete Design
- CE 445 – Fundamental Theory of Earthquake Engineering
- CE 557 – Advanced Mechanics of Materials
- CE 558 – Reliability in Engineering Applications
- ENGR 250 – Statics
- ENGR 351 – Numerical Methods in Engineering
- Ph.D. Civil Engineering; Rice University, Houston, TX; 2005
- M.Sc. Civil Engineering; Bogazici University, Turkey; 2000
- B.Sc. Civil Engineering; Bogazici University, Turkey; 1997
N. M. Mirzai, I. Mansouri, J. Tezcan, P. O. Awoyera and J. W. Hu (2021). Estimating optimum parameters of a new SMA damper under different earthquake ground motions, Structures, 33: 2700-2712.
H. Abbas and J. Tezcan (2020). Analysis and modeling of ground motion coherency at uniform site conditions. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 133:106-124.
H. Abbas and J. Tezcan (2019). Relevance Vector Machines Modeling of Nonstationary Ground Motion Coherency. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 120:262-272.
J. Tezcan and C. Marin-Artieda (2018). Least- square-support-vector-machine-based approach to obtain displacement from measured acceleration. Advances in Engineering Software, 115: 357-362.
J. Tezcan, Y. Dak and Q. Cheng (2018). A kernel-based mixed effect regression model for earthquake ground motions. Advances in Engineering Software., 120:26-35.
Y. Dak and J Tezcan (2016). Image-based modeling and prediction of nonstationary ground motions. Computers and Structures, 174: 85-91.
J. Tezcan and Q. Cheng (2012) Support vector regression for estimating earthquake response spectra. Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, 10 (4):1205–1219.
J. Tezcan and Q. Cheng (2012) A Nonparametric Characterization of Vertical Ground Motion Effects, Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 41(3), p.515-530.
J Tezcan and A. Piolatto (2012). A probabilistic nonparametric model for the vertical-to-horizontal spectral ratio. Journal of Earthquake Engineering, 16(1) p.142-157.