Senior Director, Power Operations
Business Segment: Ameren Missouri
Reports to: Chris Iselin
Years at Ameren: 31
Years at Current Position: 2
Years of Leadership Experience at Ameren: 25
Years of Leadership Experience prior to Ameren: 0
Leadership Positions (Last 20 years)
Ameren Sr. Director, Power Operations: 2015 – Present
Director, Energy Center (ALT): 2014 – 2015
Sr. Director, Generation (ALT): 2013
Director, Generation (ALT): 2001 – 2012
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES
• Bachelor of Science SIU-Carbondale Engineering-Mechanical: 1986
• Master of Business Administration- Eastern Illinois University: 1995
• PMP, EVMP: 2014
FORMAL LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE
• Power and Presence: 2016
• Ameren Mentoring program: 2012, 2014
• Ameren Keystone program: 2012
KEY PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Involved in labor negotiations from including major changes in contracts in 2011 which resulted in O&M savings to the company of $6M over the 4 year period and an additional $2.5M annually thereafter. (2001 – 2013).
• Responsible for O&M and Capital budgets and developed strategies to meet the targets at an Energy Center level as well as generating fleet level. O&M levels of $200M - $300M and capital levels of $400-500M annually with a power ops generation headcount of nearly 700 employees.
• Involved in FGD construction & Startups, SCR construction and startups, Cyclone replacements, Low NOx burner installations, several boiler and turbine projects. Focused on procedure development and process improvements. Total of these capital projects exceeded $1B. 1998-2013.
• Played a key role in the Ameren/CIPS merger – involvement included leading the CIPS best practices effort for generation, performing due diligence of the CILCO generating assets, participating in sale efforts of the AER generating fleet, and other financial analysis.
• Developed current Power Operations 5-year staffing plan and workforce strategy development to meet the demands of rapidly changing industry..
• Achieved 9% increase in 2017 Power Ops VPQ results from 2016.
• Significantly improved safety results from 2017. 2016 recordables (17) 2017 YTD (3)
BOARD & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
• Board Member, SIU-C Engineering Advisory Board ( 2016 – Present)